Monday, February 8, 2021

Hello

 


....Housebound for a couple of days last weekend, due to some (a lot) of the flying white stuff.... 
 I played with a gel press for the first time.   I had no clue what I was doing and my next attempt will be a lot different.  I tried it with stencils and with stamps.  I wasn't thinking about how everything was going to be reversed, so my music clefs are backwards and I didn't realize it until I was taping it down to the paper. Oh well.  I used another unmarked stamp for the filigree, embossed it with white and topped it with a die cut of curly stems and leaves and a die cut hello.   I had expected the gel press to be messy, but it wasn't and I'm anxious to play with it again.  Hopefully not due to another over zealous snow storm.
~Nancy

3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try one of those gelli presses, but had no luck finding one. I love the greens and blues with those flourishes - one of my favorites from way back! They turned out beautiful! Brace yourself - more snow tomorrow AND Thursday for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great cards! I have a gel press, and I have yet to try it. I purchased mine at a quilt show. They were showing at the show how to use it with fabric...

    As far as my Iris folding goes. I love doing Iris folding and have been doing it for a long time. To answer your uestions about the snow man I did...It was the way the pattern was done differently I had trouble following it. If you want to learn more about Iris folding...send me a comment to my blog with your email address. I moderate my comments I will delete Your comment after I write down your email so it will be kept private. I know I need to get an email address to put out public on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My significant other said I should stop by and see your work. Impressive! Nice use of the die cuts. Love the cards.

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Jim

    ReplyDelete