Sunday, January 19, 2014

Challenges for the week and a stupid move

The mid-week throwdown at Operation Write Home was Easter cards.   I combined mine with this week's sketch, which I found to be quite a challenge.  All those circles.....oh my.....

After that brain teaser, I went with an easier form of an Easter card.  The bunny is on the inside of the card.  My photography leaves a lot to be desired..........


I spent a lot of time during the week preparing card kits for myself for a card making gathering of friends on Sunday.  I thought I had everything well prepared until I got to the meeting and found I had no glue gun..  I did manage to take 3 extra rolls of tape, but no gun....  What kind of idiot goes to a card making group and forgets her glue gun????...um.......this kind...... I did have 3 small tape rollers, so I made my card fronts and decided to glue them on the card stock when I got home.







Unfortunately, when I got home, I realized that those little hand held glue tape dispensers were crap - I could peel almost everything apart with no effort at all.  So, I'll be spending this evening with my trusty glue tape gun and re-doing them all........Thanks for listening to my rant!
~ Nancy F.





11 comments:

  1. I am supposed to make cards in a couple of weeks with friends. I am thinking something like that will happen to me. Way to combine the MWT with the sketch card...fun! The gingham & pink cards are so sweet! Tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How disappointing for you to have your card fronts fall apart!! I love your Easter card, the polka dot paper is perfect for the circles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, Think we've all had moments like that. Sorry to hear your day was so frustrating, but the cards are lovely. On another note, had a chance to put my "new" stamp set to use. Made a Bloom Where You Are Planted card for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge. Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well your sketch card looks gorgeous to me! Love the colors! Sorry about your glue gun, and I don't ever waste time buying those smaller glue guns anymore. I've never made a card with any of them that hasn't fallen apart.
    Love that peek-a-boo bunny card too, along with all the others you made! Well done on all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your cards are fabulous! So disappointing about the little tape gun, RATS! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that peek a boo bunny tail card - how adorable! Like the color combo for this week's sketch card as well. Yes - all those circles but it was fun. I think we all have tape nightmare stories - maybe we should do a share of some sort on that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Nancy....I am not sure what is worse.... no glue or bad glue! These are all great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are so cool! I love them all and am thinking of trying some of your layouts (first have to clear off the craft space, it has been a messy morning….).

    As for forgetting the glue gun….this is why I am not a big fan of crafting away from home, I always forget something (forget the paper cutter once….). And I agree with you, those little inexpensive tape runners do not keep things together for me either so I handed them off to my daughter for school work projects.

    Carry on, you are doing great stuff there!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. All Your cards are great! Forgetting your glue gun...sounds like something I would do...smile. Hope my SU demo doesn't mind me telling tales on her...(She has told many other though...and laughs at herself for this) but she went to teach a stamp class and forgot her stamps)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL I can't believe you had to redo all those cards!!
    they still look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've gone to crops before and forgot my tape runner. I can totally relate! LOL Cute cards. Looks like you got a lot done - except for the adhesive redo. :-( April

    ReplyDelete