Sunday, January 12, 2014

The week in review

So far, my attempt at sticking to the challenges is going pretty well.  Posting them each day, not so well.
I had trouble with this Sunday's sketch.  I'm still not really happy with these two attempts.  I think I need a booster of mojo or something.

The midweek throwdown was for the chalkboard technique.  I'm a big fan of this, because it involves embossing and I love to emboss.

I also had a struggle with CAS.  I think I always will.  The embellishment at the sentiment was courtesy of a smudge.

I think Window Dressing is my very favorite SU set of stamps that I own.  I could make these cards until
I'm blue in the face.  I love coloring them and I love sticking different things in the window.  I love the brick embossing folder and putting smudges on the walls of the building.  I had to stop myself or I would have just filled the entire box of cards for Operation Write Home with these.  

I hope everyone has a productive week!
~Nancy F.


12 comments:

  1. Wow, Nancy.... You've been busy! What a great selection of cards. Interesting to hear you say you struggled with today's sketch.... I did, as well. Loved how you addressed that little smudge next to the sentiment. Think we've all been there. :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! You've been busy. Great cards-- love the brick walls---super fun cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on all of these cards! I like the window dressing cards - they are so cute! Each one is different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doing all the challenges is going great for you. Way to go. I love all of these cards, but I think my favorite is the CAS that you say you have trouble with. Fabulous job on the cover up. I think I'm going to case this card tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to make cards!!! These are all so fantastic, and much like you, CAS is the hardest thing for me to create! I love all the images in your window cards! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have had a great week of card making! I like your sketch cards, and those window dressing ones are awesome. I can see how addicting those could be…..and that little embellishment on your CAS adds that little extra touch. Well done! Guess I should get going on my own sketch card…I was having trouble with that little strip on the end so had to walk away from it and see how everyone else addressed it. I like how you used the same paper on the end pieces and did something different in the center one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great group of cards! I agree that CAS is nice but it's hard and I've long given up on forcing myself to do it unless I have an idea that just 'clicks'. The window designs are fabulous and the brick embossing folder is an absolutely perfect background. Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am totally in agreement with Paula on the brick embossing is perfect for those cards! Your chalkboard sentiment is one of my ll time fave quotes! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Nancy, terrific bunch of cards! Loved what you did with the sketch to show bright and bold as wells as soft and subtle. Love how you did the chalkboard, and the hidden smudge on the CAS. Love the window on the brick embossing. I have that folder but never thought of adding smudges to give a more realistic look and interest. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've been busy! Wow! Love your chalkboard cards - those are too cool! And the brick is perfect with the windows!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you have been busy! I love the butterfly card for the OWH challenge, the colors just pop! I really like the brick embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  12. all the cards are great...I'm another one who struggles with CAS cards...but you did nicely with them.

    ReplyDelete