Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 Top Ten - In My Humble Opinion.....

Following are my favorite cards for 2012.  We were supposed to come up with ten, but I guess I had an off year, I could only come up with eight.  :-(
 
I think this one was my favorite Hero Card for the year.  The dog tags were from a sticker set.  I guess I could try to make some of my own....






There were good reviews on my sweaters, so I want everyone to pull out your embossing folders and make some!  They're fun and you can use up all sorts of little embellishments for buttons and scraps for cut outs on pockets or fancy collars.  Get out that ancient crimper and go for it!

This was going to be my Christmas card for 2012, but it turned out to take way too long....nothing like biting off more than you can chew.  Maybe if I would have started them in April.......

And another one of my favorite Hero cards -


This challenge was fun, I enjoyed making something totally out of my ordinary range - I did think there wasn't enough room for our heroes to write home in them, so I sent extra paper along in the envelopes.


This is one of my favorite stamps.  I bought it at a show in April, and I thought it was expensive, but I couldn't leave the booth without having it.



I think this is one of my favorite Halloween cards ever.  There was a lot of ink on my hands when I finished this one!


And triple stamping - I love triple stamping!  I learned this technique from the Giggler girls and friends at our card making party for OWH.  I hope we can do that again!


So that's the best I could do this year, which gives me a good New Year's resolution!  Make more cards!
Have a great New Year, blogger friends!
~Nancy F.






25 comments:

  1. I love all of the ways you always use a sketch. You inspire me so much! Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are ALL great cards, I especially like your sweater cards, want to give that a try, but I'm sure mine won't turn out as cute as yours. I also really like your house card so beautiful! Happy New Year to you...Blessings, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sweater cards are totally awesome. GREAT job! Happy New Year!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first card is one etched in my memory forever! I was blown away by the dog tags when I first saw it! I'm really enjoying your Halloween card with all those great details too! You always do such a great job with your cards, and hopefully we can all get together and stamp again in the future! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! You had some fabulous cards last year. Your Hero cards were especially great. Looking forward to seeing more this year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should have included the Snoopy card below--he is darling. Love those shaped cards. I need a closer look at how they fold. It looks like you left them outside of the die.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy,

    Your collection of cards is fabulous! I loved the dog tags on the Hero card. And, your sweater cards are so darn cute. What a great idea to use the embossing folders and crimper to add such rich textures.

    TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab cards all, but I love the sweaters, need to learn that one & wish I bought a crimper when I had a job. Also would like to learn triple stamping, but don't have a stamp big enough? I made my first shaped cards this year, but like yours better!
    Hummer Hugs,
    Misty
    http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
    hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy your top 8 cards are fabulous, I'm inspired!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Nancy! Your cards are always beautiful. OMG, how did I miss the little sweaters? They are SO adorable. Is there a template that that post? Your dog tag card is stunning and represents so well why we make cards for OWH. Keep 'em coming in 2013! Happy New Year, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards - somehow I missed those cute sweaters the first time - going to have to case those

    ReplyDelete
  12. A terrific collection of cards! I need to make some sweater cards…those are neat. Love tour triple time stamp card too. That's one of my favorite techniques. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You might have only picked out 8 but wow! Awesome! LOVE the red white and blue hero card, and I totally missed those sweaters! Remind me in summertime, we need a tutorial to get our Christmas mojo going !:)
    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nancy, what fabulous cards! The sweaters are awesome and I love the red white and blue hero card! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I recognize some of my own favorite cards that I remember from visiting blogs this year. Your Any Hero card and those sweater cards stand out in my memory as does your triple stamping card. Every card in your collection is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you used the sentiment on the triple time card - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great group of cards...there is something really special about each. Keep up the great work in 2013! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my - wonderful cards! Would you be so kind as to add a link or directions for the sweater cards? I would really love to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the textures you use!! great push to play with embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. They are all fantastic picks, but the sweaters and Hero Mail card are my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fantastic collection!! Now you've gone and started a riot. There are already requests in my inbox for a tutorial on those sweater cards.. We were thinking that summer would be a great time to share them at the S&S blog... So don't let me forget and please email me if you're interested!! Nancy @ operationwritehome dot org

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are all terrific! I love the Hero Mail and the Christmas house card! Great inspiration. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your Christmas card with the house is beautiful! I like the sweaters- I am going to have to try it! Your Hero mail card makes me proud to be an American!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nancy - these are wonderful cards. I adore that house on the Christmas card - such a warm and fuzzy card. I've simply GOT to come back to check out those sweaters. OMG - how stinkin cute are those?! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete