Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Midweek Throwdown - It's not easy being green....

Use green in a card, they said......  what's the first thing I think of when I hear to use green?   Yup, frogs.
This card is in memory of my pet frog, "Froggie"....I watched him grow from a tadpole into the frog that he was.  He spent his winters in a 60 gallon aquarium where I work, feeding on crickets from the local cricket farm (one of my co-workers had a daughter that worked there) and lived in the little ornamental pond in our yard during the spring, summer and fall.   He was with us for about 3  years.  Then one rainy spring day, he went a-courtin' and we never saw him again.  (Stamp is by Whipper Snapper)
 

I also managed to use the S.U. set from Sunday's challenge to actually make flowers instead of noses.  The set is called Pick A Petal.  Kim says they'll make good turkeys for November too!




Froggie



14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. And, yes, they make great turkey feathers for Thanksgiving! :)

      Delete
  2. Such an adorable groggy image. I think your froggy turned into some one's Prince!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your froggy card, and those big bold flowers look SO pretty! I'm sorry your froggy hopped off, but I'm sure he's happy wherever he is :) Ribbit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww -- both of your little froggie's are soooo cute. How fun was that having a pet frog -- he's probably have ribbit of a good time where ever he is. Back to your card -- love the image and the background DP. I like your flower cards too -- nice and simple but very nice.

    Sharon S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your frog card is adorable and I LOVE your flower cards. SO pretty! Hope your froggie found love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your frog card! Where did you get the image? A stamp?
    I also hope Froggie found love and set up housekeeping in her pond and they were blessed with many tadpoles.

    Pat Kinkaid

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, what a fun card that cute frog makes! Definitely a perfect image for a 'green' challenge. Nice job on the florals too. The white space and brads balance the big, bold flowers beautifully!

    Paula S.
    OWH Blog Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. That frog is fantastic. I thought of frogs today too...but don't have any stamps nearly as cute as this guy...so I went with leaves instead :-) Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad the set is called pick a petal and not pick a nose! Okay, sorry, I just had to! LOL! Froggy is adorable! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! Now my brain is working overtime.....hmmmm...

      Delete
  10. Cute frog card, and pretty flower cards...Cute story about your frog, I bet he hopped onto "greener" pastures/pond.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darling card and a cute story about a real frog! Love those pick a petal stamps.

    ReplyDelete