Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Operation Write Home - Midweek Throwdown

Sentiment Free - that's the rule for the Midweek Throwdown at Operation Write Home today.  I'd have to say that about 75% of my cards don't have sentiments on them, so this wasn't a problem for me.   I've been wanting to do something different and so I got out some Stampin' Up stamps that came from Kim.  I've never been able to do CAS and I still wouldn't be able to, but I found this card on Pinterest and I totally copied it.

You also might notice how much nicer than usual the photo is.  I paid attention to the tutorial yesterday about how to take better photos.   I didn't build a light box, but I did take out a really big sketch tablet and stand it
up under my daylight lamp.  What an improvement!


~Nancy F.

11 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous Nancy! What ever makes you think you can't do CAS?!?! These are beautifully crafted AND photographed! NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I'm a sucker for stripes and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the combination of stripes and flowers! CAS is fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is pretty much what I do to take my photos, Nancy! Looks great. I love your CAS cards. You sure can't go wrong with these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these cards. They are very cheerful with those nice flowers. Great papers and your pictures came out very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo, these are great!! I don't think I ever inked up that set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your cards, the colors are great. Looks like you got to make more than one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy these are gorgeous! I love the papers and flowers, the layout is clean and elegant. I leave the sentiment off my cards frequently too, sometimes it's just easier that way =)

    Thanks for playing in our Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the cards- and love the you CASEd them! And thanks for the tip about the sketch pad...I need to do sometihng to improve my pictures! I am going to try this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards, I often don't put sentiments on either, because sometimes I'm not quite sure what I'll be using the cards for later on. TFS...

    ReplyDelete